Complex and Interest-Only Loans
Access a wide range of interest-only & amortizing loans.
Insignia Mortgage focuses on large and often complex transactions for high net-worth clients, delivering individualized lending solutions that are tailored to our lenders’ requirements as well as our clients’ needs. We take an individualized approach to lending, designed to grasp all the complexities, choose the right lending product, consider layered tax scenarios, structure the loan, and properly present the loan to our lender-partners. We call this Individualized Lending.
Individualized Lending gets its arms around financial complexity, providing lending solutions that consider challenges faced by our clients, including real estate investors, retirees, foreign nationals, and self-employed clients. Critical stages of this process include a deeper understanding of a client’s business and assets, a thorough review by our in-house CPA as part of cash-flow discovery, and the use of a problem-solution storytelling structure that mitigates risk.
We offer a suite of interest-only and fully amortizing loan products that match borrowers with regional and local banks equipped to understand the most complicated loan scenario. We also offer unique refinance solutions for adjustable rate mortgages (ARM’s) that are about to or have reset to a higher interest rate, including long-term interest-only loan options for borrowers with atypical financials or a more unusual refinance scenario.
Insignia Mortgage, Inc. also has access to a local depository institution that offers 5% to 10% down jumbo loans with very competitive rates and terms. In addition, we can offer a truly stated income program that does not verify income for those borrowers whose liquid assets support their stated income.
- Access to local credit unions, regional California banks, and New York money-center banks.
- Stated income for self -employed and W-2 borrowers up to $1.5 million. Maximum loan to value of 60%.
- Interest-only jumbo ARMs and competitive fixed rate mortgages up to $15 million with as little as 20% down payment. Co-signer permitted and cross-collateralization OK.
- Special home loan programs designed for high-net-worth borrowers who must take title in LLC, limited partnership, corporation, or irrevocable trust.
- High leverage jumbo loans including an interest-only mortgage for 1031 exchanges and second homes: 80% maximum loan to value.
- 5% down payment program up to a loan amount of $1.5 million. Rates and terms are very competitive through portfolio lender. Loan program requires mortgage insurance
- 10% down payment program up to a loan amount of $2 million. Rates and terms are very competitive with portfolio lenders. The loan program requires mortgage insurance
- Niche underwriting such as discounting NOL’s, short-term rental income, one-year tax return program, and valuing non-publicly traded assets.
- Restricted stock units (RSU) may be used for income and assets.
From my early career as a sales associate through my years as the owner of a successful Los Angeles-based real estate company, I gained solid respect for the important role a mortgage lender plays in the successful purchase of a residential property. In my experience, Insignia Mortgage consistently accomplished what others could not. I not only use the firm for my personal finance needs but unhesitatingly recommend Insignia to my friends and colleagues.
John Aaroe, Owner, John Aaroe Real Estate
I have done business with Chris Furie for over 20 years and I look to Chris and Damon to source financing on my most complex transactions that require an out-of-the-box lending solution.
Kurt Rappaport, Westside Estate Agency, Wall Street Journal #4 Ranked Realtor 2013
I want to thank you for your help in getting me my loan. You not only got me a great loan that I’m very happy with, but you stayed on it from beginning to end and made me feel very comfortable through the process. You are the best in the business and I would suggest you to anyone buying a house.
Jay Luchs, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank
For over 14 years, I have used Chris’ services to obtain mortgage loans for many of my high-end clients as well as my own mortgage needs. He consistently provides the best terms and rates available in the market place. I will continue to recommend him to my friends and clients in the future.
Joyce Rey, Executive Director Coldwell Banker Previews International
Chris is highly attuned to the needs of the borrower and tailors his loan recommendations accordingly. No matter how complex the terms may be, I can always count on Chris to deliver my clients the best deal possible, on time and without fail.
Jade Mills, Estates Director Coldwell Banker – Beverly Hills
Our Complex and Interest-Only Loan Program has the following added features:
We recently helped a client who is a CEO of a large public entertainment firm with a new home purchase. To mitigate the tax consequences of selling his stock, Insignia Mortgage provided a cash-out departing residence loan for $4 million dollars while also providing $11 million-dollar financing for the purchase.
Insignia Mortgage underwrote the cash flow and utilized restricted stock units (RSU) as reserves. A vesting structure was set up to accommodate the client’s request for privacy.
The Loan Details
- $15 million loan amount
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage
- 3.442% APR
- Closed in a blind trust
- 25-day close of escrow